Thursday, May 2, 2013

Things I recommend for postnatal care

Dermoplast-the hospital gave me a can as well, but I had another one waiting for me at home when I ran out

Stool softener-when the nurse asks you if you want stool softener after you have given birth, you do not, I repeat, DO NOT want to turn him/her down! I also had a bottle of this waiting for me at home. I took it for about three weeks after we got home.

Padcicles-get yourself a bunch of overnight pads. Spread some aloe and witch hazel all over the pad. Wrap it up in aluminum foil. Toss it in the freezer.
These. Were. Amazing.
I got the idea from here.
I didn't use the lavender as noted on their blog, but it still worked out pretty well.

Nipple butter-I recommend Earth Mama Angel Baby.

I have heard of people using a sitz bath. I never bought the actual little tub thing you put on your toilet. I just used the little perineal bottle that they give you at the hospital. The nurses also gave me a recipe for a sitz bath, which I just used in the tub.

Tylenol and ibuprofen- the nurses had me switching back and forth between these two.

Tucks pads- when I wasn't using the padcicles, mainly at bed time, I would use an overnight pad and line it with tucks pads.

As much sleep as you can possibly get!



No comments:

Post a Comment